How it works
Shop at more
than 12 000 stores
bonuscard is your convenient purchase card that allows you to earn a cash bonus every year, on all* your monthly purchases
*Excluding fuel purchases
Advantages of the bonuscard:
- There are no major shareholders – members are the joint owners of the co-operative and share equally in the annual net profit
- Cash bonuses paid annually, no useless credit points or flyer miles
- Members are rewarded with the total annual net profit
- You can use the bonuscard together with any of your loyalty cards
- Up to 45 days interest-free credit for purchases made using the bonuscard
- Over 8 000 stores to choose from including national chain-stores and other retailers
- Set your purchase limit to help you budget for your monthly expenses
- Vehicle financing and cash loans available at fixed interest rates (No additional charges)
- Short-term insurance premiums also qualify for the annual bonus
- One monthly account to pay, which includes purchases, financing, cash loans, budget instalments and insurance premiums
Shop at more than 8 000 stores
- Find world-class retailers across the country
- Purchase your day-to-day necessities, groceries and hard-earned luxuries with only one card
- Use your bonuscard with your existing loyalty cards and still get your rewards
Get a cash bonus every year
- No limit on your bonus – the more you spend, the more you earn
- Your bonus is calculated as a percentage on your annual purchases and your short-term insurance premiums
- Receive your bonus every November
Want to know how much you can save?
Use our online calculator.
Cost of credit
- Membership fee: R10,00 once off
- Card fees:
- Cost per card: R100,00 per annum
- Card protection: R12,00 per annum per card (optional)
- Card fee on replacement: R25,00
The following charge, where applicable, will be recovered by the Credit Provider:
- Credit/debit card payments at Pretorium Trust office (fee per R100,00): R1,50
Payment options available: Debit order – ATM Account payment – Online banking – At any Shoprite Money Market
Open account: Any amount not paid on due date (last working day of the month) will be free of interest if paid before the 10th of the following month. Payments received after the 10th of the following month, will bear interest at 8% per annum above the prime lending rate of banks and will fluctuate together with the prime lending rate.
- Per transaction: R1,20
- Monthly: Surcharge on purchases – all purchases at Shoprite, Checkers, Checkers Hyper, House & Home, OK Furniture, Pick n Pay: 0.70%
- Admin fee on petrol purchases (no bonus): 1.75%
Abovementioned fees are subject to change.
It’s as easy as filling out our online membership form and following the instructions.
Get your friends and family involved
Tell your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues about the outstanding benefits of being a bonuscard member and you can earn a referral fee for each member who successfully joined.